Days 1-3: Rolling with the homies!
To avoid boring everyone, I'll try to be short and sweet in my posts and use a lot of pictures!
We've ridden 3 days now for a total of about 150 miles, from Providence, RI to Plainfield, Middletown, and Danbury in Connecticut.
The first day, we dipped our wheels into the Atlantic Ocean in Providence to commence our journey!
A typical day in the life:
6 am - wake up, pack, do chores with our chore group
7 am - breakfast, group meeting
8 am-4 pm - bike away, stopping for lunch and other vistas
4 pm-6 pm - free time, shower at local places like YMCAs, school fitness centers, public pools
6 pm-11 pm - dinner with our hosts, mostly congregation members of the local church we are staying at
A few highlights from the past 3 days:
- My fastest speed (downhill) was 38 mph!
- I got lost with my two friends and we went 15 miles in the wrong direction and ended up merging onto a highway - it was terrifying!
- Got free ice cream and candy from strangers we met along the way who heard our story
- Found a rope swing and jumped into the Housatonic River!
- Successfully got the song "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea stuck in everyone's heads
- My chore group this week are responsible for setting out breakfast and doing everyone's laundry in the local laundromat. Smelly!