We be bikin', we be buildin'
It's been a week! We've had about 5 bike days so far! Fairly uneventful, but a LOT of pretty views, especially along the Appalachian Trail in High Point State Park.
Some highlights from the past few days:
- We had a day off in Danbury, CT! We learned how to clean our bikes and then set up a slip n slide using our tarps!
- Every year, each Bike and Build group paints the trailer that carries our stuff behind the van. On our day off, we painted each side - my friend Emily and I helped paint Calvin and Hobbes on the back!
- We rode along the Delaware River yesterday, and at one of our pretty lunch stops, we went swimming!
- Climbed up Bear Mountain (4 mile ascent) in upstate NY, where we could see the skyline of Manhattan!
- Saw a black bear crossing the road in High Point State Park!
- I was "sweep" yesterday - the sweep group stays behind everyone else so that no one gets lost and we can help up ahead in case anything happens. It was great to take a leisurely pace through the national parks along the Delaware River!
Some more pictures...
And if anyone wants to send me snail mail or care packages, we do have mail drops, Hunger Games style!
Anyway, my biggest stress in life right now is a steep hill, so life's feeling pretty great!