Gold Trim DIY Jewelry Dish Catch All
I wanted to share the tutorial for the jewelry dishes that were featured on my DIY Belt Shelf last week! I swear, this will be the last jewelry storage/organization DIY for a LONG TIME. While the Brit+Co organizer and my little jewelry closet system are great for necklaces and some bracelets, I needed something to hold all of my rings and earrings!
Super easy, super cheap (it cost me less than $3 per dish) and super quick!
Cost of materials: $7
Time: 15 minutes
Things you'll need:
- Gold acrylic paint pen (I got mine here)
- Small porcelain dish (I found several at Goodwill for $1-$2, and I'm sure IKEA has a large selection!)
- (Optional) Clear acrylic spray enamel, for protection
- Clean your dish well and dry
- Decorate with your gold pen: outline the outer edge/rim. Add a pattern in the middle if you want, but remember it'll be mostly covered by your jewelry anyway!
- Spray with clear enamel, if desired. This step definitely is not necessary; the paint should stay on without it, but this will provide extra gloss and protection from the corners and edges of any jewelry that you keep in here.
I ended up making two dishes - I think it looks cuter to have multiple, somewhat mismatched dishes on your shelf!
They're so cute, I kind of wish I didn't have to put anything in them!
They look really good on the DIY Belt Shelf, right?